The Jewelers Vigilance Committee (JVC) is an organization formed to provide self-regulation and education to those in the jewelry industry. Members operate under the highest standards of business practice after pledging to comply with all laws applicable to the jewelry industry and make accurate representations about the products they sell.
The JVC also offers tips for consumers, so they are aware of what to look for when choosing a reputable jeweler or they can get questions answered when they want to sell scrap gold. This is especially important because the recent surge in gold prices has brought to the surface many illegitimate gold brokers who do not follow best business practices. The JVC also allows customers to log a formal complaint about businesses that they feel are treating them unfairly.
As a gold buyer, Manhattan Gold & Silver is proud to be a part of the JVC. It shows our customers that we care about the integrity of our business and that we adhere to the best business practices. As a JVC member, we must follow the following standards:
- Make reasonable efforts to educate self and staff as to the applicable current legal requirements.
- Comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the jewelry industry.
- Make accurate representations about the products you buy and the products you sell.
- Communicate to business partners your commitment to compliance with the law
- Resolve all customer complaints promptly and fairly.